Dear Immaculate Heart of Mary Parents,
It is that time of year again when we start the 2021-2022 year of CCD formation for your child. The teachers and I are excited to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to your family.
There are a few changes that I need to tell you about, so here goes:
- Registration can be done by filling out these three forms:
2021-22 IHOM CCD Registration Form.
Form A: Annual Youth Ministry Parental Liability Waiver, Permission and Medical Information (In the blank
“Email of Youth Minister from your Parish”, please put in my address: email@example.com)
Form B – Consent to Participate, Code of Conduct, and Consent for Emergency medical Treatment (In the blank
“Email id of Youth Minister from your Parish”, please put in my address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Fort Worth Diocese allowed us to return to face-to-face instruction for the CCD year. We will try to use appropriate social distancing and the use of masks will be optional. Please be advised however that the Diocese may change these guidelines depending on the severity of the pandemic.
- IHOM Parish instruction will again use the series “Christ Our Life” from Loyola Press which is in use in other local parishes.
- Sacramental preparation for First Communion and Confirmation will once again be folded into the regular CCD program and will not be taught in separate classes.
- We are asking this year that for family formation, families will attempt as much as possible to attend the 6 pm Wednesday Mass. Families will sit together and then students will leave the church to go directly to CCD classes. Classes will then run from approximately 6:30 and students will be released at 7:15.
- If a parent for some reason cannot attend the Wednesday Mass with their child (children), students should be brought into the church so that they can sit with their CCD teacher/class. Students arriving after Mass has started can come into the church and an adult will be there to guide them quietly to a seat. Do not drop your child at the Parish Hall as it will be locked.
- Because we encourage families to attend Mass, there will be no regular adult sessions to attend, although there may be some optional adult formation sessions held during the CCD year.
- For safety purposes, we will be having the pickup of students at 7:15 at the back of the hall on Thornton Street. Parents may line up on Thornton (this is a public street so please allow for passing traffic) and students will be released through the back doors.
- Teachers for this year will be:
- Kindergarten – Traci Pustejovsky, Mariann Pustejovsky, Madison Murphy
- 1st – Joanie Pustejovsky and Trena Pustejovsky
- 2nd – Amanda Kettler and Sara Walker
- 3rd & 4th – Justin Kaska and Stephanie Sullins
- 5th & 6th – Shelly Burge & Mandy Sullins
- 7th & 8th – Dan Hill & Nolan Pustejovsky
- HS – John Gerik, Ernie Pustejovsky, Nick Haferkamp, Molly Gerik, & Anita Murphy
- Fees will be $20 per student or $40 per family.
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary CCD Calendar can be found here: 2021-2022 CCD Calendar
- We ask everyone – students, teachers, and parents – to practice the virtues of kindness and patience as we try to lead all peoples to Christ while at the same time attempt to navigate through the challenges presented by this pandemic. I know we face some unique problems, but we will all do the best that we can. That is all God expects of us.
If I can do anything for you or if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 254-580-2228 or email me at email@example.com.
God bless you all,