Dear Immaculate Heart of Mary Parents,
It is that time of year again when we start the 2023-2024 year of CCD formation for your child. The teachers are excited to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to your family.
- Registration can be done by filling out these three forms (all 3 forms MUST be filled out):
IHOM CCD Registration Form
Form A: Annual Youth Ministry Parental Liability Waiver, Permission and Medical Information (In the blank
“Email of Youth Minister / DRE from your Parish”, please put in my address: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Form B — Consent to Participate, Code of Conduct, and Consent for Emergency Medical Treatment (In the blank
“Email id of Youth Minister from your Parish”, please put in my address: email@example.com)
- IHOM Parish instruction will again use the series “Christ Our Life” from Loyola Press which is in use in other local parishes.
- Sacramental preparation for First Communion and Confirmation will once again be folded into the regular CCD program and will not be taught in separate classes.
- We are asking this year that for family formation, families will attempt as much as possible to attend the 6 pm Wednesday Mass. Families will sit together and then students will leave the church to go directly to CCD classes. Classes will then run from approximately 6:30 and students will be released at 7:15.
- If a parent for some reason cannot attend the Wednesday Mass with their child (children), students should be brought into the church so that they can sit with their CCD teacher/class. Students arriving after Mass has started can come into the church and an adult will be there to guide them quietly to a seat. Do not drop your child at the Parish Hall as it will be locked.
- For safety purposes, we will be having the pickup of students at 7:15 pm at the back of the hall on Thornton Street. Parents may line up on Thornton (this is a public street so please allow for passing traffic) and students will be released through the back doors.
- Teachers for this year will be:
- Kindergarten – Traci Pustejovsky & Mariann Pustejovsky
- 1st – Amanda Kettler and Sara Walker
- 2nd – Mandy Sullins & Emily Kolar
- 3rd & 4th – Justin Kaska & Melanie Hejl
- 5th & 6th – Shelly Burge & Katie Holcomb
- 7th & 8th – Dan Hill & Shanna Hill
- HS – John Gerik, Ernie Pustejovsky, Nick Haferkamp, Molly Gerik, & Anita Murphy
- Fees will be $20 per student or $40 per family.
- The Immaculate Heart of Mary CCD Calendar can be found here: 2023-2024 CCD Calendar
- We ask everyone – students, teachers, and parents – to practice the virtues of kindness and patience as we try to lead all peoples to Christ.
If I can do anything for you or if you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at 254-580-2228 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
God bless you all,